Thompson Mediation & Arbitration offers the following links as a general resource for your information. The links on this web site are not intended to be a substitute for legal advice or referrals or endorsements of the linked entities.
Click on any of the following for more information
Senior Citizens Links
- Seniors and the Law, A Guide for Maturing Californians published by the California State Bar.
- Hospice Giving Foundation
- Legal Services for Seniors
- Elder Law Answers
- Seniors List your source for aging well.
- GoGrey.com is a great source for financial elder abuse (family member theft, caregiver theft, sweepstakes scams, and reverse mortgages).
- FirstGov.gov, the U.S. Government's Official Web Portal that is great source to find all State and Federal Governments information.
- Kids and the Law, an A to Z guide for parents published by the California State Bar.
- When you become 18 — A Survival Guide for Teenagers.
- How to use the Small Claims Courts of Monterey County.
- Is your attorney licensed to practice law in the state of California?
- Is your attorney rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the nation's premier legal directory?
- Is your contractor licensed in California?
- How to investigate filing a complaint against your contractor with the California Contractors License Board. Form to Register Complaint.
- Check out your health care provider's license and other information, including malpractice judgments, compiled by the Medical Board of California.
- Do you want to investigate filing a complaint against your doctor with the Medical Board of California?
- Check out your realtor's license status through the California Department of Real Estate.
- Do you want to investigate filing a complaint against your realtor with the California Department of Real Estate?
- Do you want to contact the the California Department of Consumer Affairs or investigate a professional licensed by the Department of Consumer Affairs?
- Do you want to contact the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission regarding a product?
- Do you want to go to the Food and Drug Administration's home page.
- Search for social security information?
- Visit FindLaw.com for other legal resources.
- Unauthorized practice of law complaints.
Lodging, Dining, Business and Other Information
If you are moving to, or visiting Monterey, check the following links:
- Welcome to Monterey
- Monterey Peninsula Chamber of Commerce
- Monterey County
- Monterey County Superior Court
- Monterey Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Pebble Beach—17-Mile Drive
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Exploring Monterey County